36 Hours in Moab: Plan Your Itinerary
How to spend the perfect weekend at Field Station Moab
You have a Moab weekend getaway on your hands, and a lot of adventure to pack into a short time. Don’t waste a minute by following our itinerary below.
Head to the front desk to grab your room key. All of our team members are well-versed in the area and can direct you to the trails, guides, and explorations you’re looking for. Take your bags to your Moab guest room and pop them into our clever built-in gear storage. You can take some time to relax in your room after your journey, or head to the lobby or Gear + Beer (opening Summer 2023) for some snacks, community, and great vibes.
If you’re here for the weekend, chances are there’s something happening on our calendar. Whether you’re looking to learn the must-know climbing knots or join a new product demo with one of our partners, you’re sure to leave one of our flash tutorials with new skills in hand.
Getting hungry? Visit Little Station Coffee + Kitchen or Gear + Beer for , then visit one of our favorite local restaurants
- Milt’s Stop and Eat: Classic walk-up burger joint with shakes, fries, and burgers galore
- The Spoke on Center: Trendy restaurant with American and international cuisine and an emphasis on local ingredients.
Sleep soundly knowing tomorrow’s going to be epic.
Head to the lobby and grab your espresso drink of choice at Little Station. Bring your cuppa to our Adventure Desk for Mappy Mornings, where we’ll go over trail conditions, today’s weather, and our favorite hikes. We can also hook you up with any of our outfitter or rental partners so you can get out there easily.
Choose your own Moab adventure! The desert is your oyster, with two national parks just a short drive away, the Colorado River within striking distance, and world-class state parks surrounding you. Check out our AllTrails account and the list below for our must-see spots.
- Arches National Park: It might be impossible to see every arch in Arches in one day, but you can certainly try.
- Canyonlands National Park: Each of the four districts in Canyonlands has its own unique landscape and attractions, so pick the one that interests you the most.
- Dead Horse Point State Park: Enjoy breathtaking views of the Colorado River and iconic shots of the river canyons.
Explore some local history by seeking out Moab rock art. You can see ancient pictographs and petroglyphs at places like Newspaper Rock and the Kane Creek Rock Art Panel. Respect those that came before us by not touching the rock or disturbing the historical sites.
Wash off the day with a dip in our Moab hotel pool (or a soak in our hot tub), or head back to your hotel room for a hot shower. Enjoy live music on the back deck or revisit your favorite brew at Gear + Beer. Or, head into Moab for some local fare.
Is the weekend over already? Grab some breakfast at Little Station or head to one of the many Moab breakfast spots:
- Doughbird: This place serves donuts and fried chicken, need we say more?
- Gloria’s Corner Cafe: For those of us that need a green juice to reset after the weekend
- Jailhouse Cafe: True diner style breakfasts with the portions to match
Whether you’re hitting the road right away or taking the long way home, the adventure doesn’t stop here. We’ll see you next time you want to stay out there.